Monday, October 27, 2008

It Can Wait - How Procrastination Can Be Cured

A struggle for many who own their own businesses is to make the first step in a project or to complete the financial admin or to sort out the customer database - all tasks necessary for a successful business but not necessarily ones you wish to give up a morning for!

Luciano Passuello has written a fantastic article in which he shows how our inner-language, our self-talk, affects our attitude towards the task set before us.

“I have to finish this long, important project. It should already be done by now and I need to plow through it.”

becomes -

“I choose to start this task with a small, imperfect step. I’ll feel terrific and have plenty of time for play!”

There is a big difference between these two statements and yet the second will accomplish a task long before the first.

This article is well worth a visit if you need a method of re-energising yourself.

Click on the link here - now!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
sory to write to you like this, but i could not find the contact form. I really like your blog and i was wondering if you would maybe like a link exchange with my website www.sayeconomy.com . My site has many good articles and gets around 1500 different visitors each day. I think we would both benefit out of this exchange alot.

Well let me know on info@sayeconomy.com . I would really like a link exchange with your blog (i like it alot).

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers,
Matt

p.s. you have many good articles, you should submit them to www.add-article.info (only description and link). That way you will get many new visitors to your blog!