Monday, August 13, 2007

100 Greatest Leadership Principles - New Book Available For Pre-Order

To celebrate this 100th post on @Home.Biz I could have written some really inspirational piece about setting goals, visioning and other leadership principles. However while browsing through Amazon today I came across a book entitled The 100 Greatest Leadership Principles of All Time which is only due for release on 31 August this year.

Now obviously I have not read this book but I wanted to link it to this 100th post! So here it is :





According to Amazon this book is for anyone preparing to step into a leadership role and is a unique collection of quotes from 100 great leaders of armies, social movements, political revolutions, fashion revolutions, businesses, and nations is sure to inspire. From Abraham Lincoln to Martin Luther King, Jr. ,from Napoleon to Coco Chanel, readers will encounter such inspiring words to lead by as: "It is not fair to ask of others what
you are not willing to do yourself." (Eleanor Roosevelt); "You do not lead by hitting people over the head--that's assault, not leadership." (Dwight D. Eisenhower); and "What you cannot enforce, do not command." (Sophocles). The essential and eloquently expressed principles in this book will motivate readers to lead with passion and compassion and teach them how to identify and achieve what is best for the group.

I like these kind of easy-read books for inspiration when I am not in the right head-space to get me teeth stuck into anything meatier. I am open to anything that will help me to raise my leadership bar even if it means spending ten minutes a day contemplating a quote or two from a recognised great leader.

My order is in - at under $10 its a steal!

No comments: